City of Seaford residents can have their leaves and limbs picked up by the Public Works Department. The leaf machines are operated annually from October 1 through December 31. During this period, bagging is not required.
For the remainder of the year, please observe the following guidelines:
- Leaves: should be bagged in 15 gallon or smaller bags
- Grass clippings and other yard debris: should be in 15 gallon or smaller bags
- Bags larger than 15 gallons are prohibited due to excess weight when the material gets wet
- Branches and Small Limbs: 4 inches in diameter or less, must be cut in 6 foot lengths
- Limbs: should be laid parallel to the curb line and not mixed with bags of leaves or grass clippings
- Building Materials
- Dirt Piles
- Lawn Edgings
- Large Limbs or Tree Trunks (cut by a contractor)
Pick up starts Monday in the Westview area and proceeds east until the entire city has been picked up. No area will be picked up more than once per week. Should you have any questions, please contact Berley Mears, Director of Public Works, at 629-8307.